So let's jot down what different I did these past six months, so that I can try to stick to these changes, making it more as part of my lifestyle to remain fit and healthy. To speak the truth, After this revelation, I have become a little ambitious and want to come within my BMI range in another six months.
Here's the list, not in any order.
- Made exercising a routine, despite the pain. Did: aqua, yoga, pilate, walking, running plus P.T.
- Involved kids with me. They kept me motivated.
- Morning breakfast: fruits (usually a banana) and a cup of milk
- Dinner no later than 7 p.m.
- For some reason, If I get late for dinner, skipped carbs. Sometimes, replacing dinner with a cup of milk. (This I did, coz mostly My pain us aggravate so much in the night that I didn't feel like eating. Turns out, a plus fr weight loss)
- Made a rule of not eating out for the entire family, more than once a month. Most importantly, stuck with it. (Again this rule was made coz of different reasons, but contributes majorly)
- Lots and lots of water intake. With driving kids around throughout the day, I used to forget to carry it with me. Now, I keep a crate in the car all the time. And keep myself hydrated.
- Switched to gluten free bread. This was done coz we had noticed that the wheat breads were leaving us with a bloated feeling soon after.
- Introduced lots of fruits in the diet. This was done to encourage kids, turned out beneficial for me too.
- Minimized sending DH to the grocery store to a great extent, especially to the Indian Store! He has this habit of getting calorie-rich food items just coz they look new and interesting.
These are all I can remember for now. Hopefully, will enter the next year with these healthy habits as an essential part of all of us.
Do you have any suggestions/ideas that worked for you?