Saturday, June 17, 2006

Ek Boond..

Ever since I read this poem for the first time, when I was just 10 or 11 yrs old, I have related myself with this poem.
Reason one- these lines always motivate me to hope beyond the hopes... they always encourage me to look outside the comfort level.. to reach out for the new, for the unexpected!

Reason two- What lies ahead, is always a question.. a curiosity.. nonetheless it never ceases to leave my mind. Though, I don't worry abt the future but yes i ponder over the impacts of my present over my future.

Reason three- Through this poem, for the first time, I had come to know the true meaning of my name- 'Swati' - it's the constellation of rains, the very constellation of hope for the farmers, when there were no scientific means of predicting weather! it's the very constellation, in hindu mythology, for which mythological bird chakor would wait for all year long to drink water! and yes... it's the very constellation, in which the speck of sand and the drop of water, combine together in the oyster's shell to form pearl!!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...